Friday, December 7, 2012

Stay Connected Until Something Happens

As I finished my first semester of my MBA program and my time at Gucci ended I wondered what I would do next being that I hadn't received ONE job offer. I worried about paying school loans, putting gas in the car, and buying groceries. Stress didn't begin to explain what I was feeling.

Does it hurt to stop interning while looking for a job in fashion PR? I asked the advice of PR pro __________ who told me the best advice she could give me was "keep on interning and gaining your experience the job WILL come!" I thought "I can't do that, I have to get a real job" although I am working two jobs to stay above water I hate the idea of maybe having to do this for even another week. I've thought over and over and over about what my choice would be and I chosen future. I know it won't be easy and I will have to sacrifice many things but the real prize will come with a career that will allow me to grow personally and professionally.

Being that I am single (not married) and do not have children this is something that I can do. If your responsibilities make it a bit more difficult for you seek the help of your friends and family. Explain your intensions and be clear about your desires to be a better you. I vow to chase my dreams at all costs. Even if it means working for free. It is so important to make sure your expletive is fresh and valid in the eyes of future employers.

No comments:

Post a Comment