Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Time at GUCCI



In September of 2012 I began a PR internship at Gucci in Manhattan. As I send out my last Gucci samples I wonder what great things I will move on to next.

Today is my last day as I ride on the train to the corporate office for what will be my last time as an intern I reflect on the enter experience. Some would say that days here were boring. I'd say you didn't look for things to do. Some would say they didn't like the atmosphere. I say you had too much time to care or notice. My main focusing walking through those doors was to become a sponge at every given moment. Ask questions you don't know the answers to and know that it's ok to mess up as long as your willing to keep working on being a better you. The PR team at Gucci is comprised of hardworking people from various backgrounds and places in life that know and understand the hard work that comes along with being a PR Girl/Guy. I was never made to think the job was easy but always felt that it was rewarding when I saw the delight each employee displayed when discovering a credit in a major magazine. It was all exciting to me.

I began to envision myself as a part of this team. When Hurricane Sandy hit all I could think about was how much I wanted to get back to work. To be back in the showroom being productive and not feeling like what I do for a living doesn't have purpose. I began to build relationships with everyone that include. The receptionist was a cool laid back New Yorker at heart that gave me some great advice on finding work in this crazy competitive environment. The guys from the mail room understood my position on employment and constantly handed me information on how to better my chances of finding work. The gentleman in the Lobby was just as ambitious as I am and he made it a point to tell me to never let go of my dreams because they will be what contributes to a combination of happiness and financial stability.

My time at Gucci will always be remembered as the doorway to my future happiness. I don't regret a moment of time in that PR department. It gave me "life".







No comments:

Post a Comment