Monday, February 25, 2013

Why I <3 Fashion PR

When I first realized my passion for fashion public relations everything in my life just seemed to click. Years before I discovered my passion I studied design and construction at a private school in Manhattan. I have always been drawn to fashion...it's in my blood.

Many people ask me if getting a degree in fashion design was worth it if I was going to become a publicist. Yes. Understanding the theory, assembly, and labor that goes into creating a collection gives me the ability to translate unspoken words about fashion through my writing. Nothing became more exciting then writing about fashion and telling people how amazing it is beyond the runways and glamour. I began to see the beauty in expressing a designer's vision behind his/her collection. Being a designer myself the expression came naturally, my journalism courses put my words into a PR perspective.

As in search for my first PR position I am constantly reminded of my hunger for this industry. My need to be the voice behind a brand that I have personally fallen in love with. My dream job would be a position that would allow me to do just that. Failing has never been an option and it won't be...ever! I'm pushing forward because having a career in fashion PR is one of my goals.

It's my dream...it will happen.

Best,
Joi-Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment