Monday, February 25, 2013

The Struggle Continues

So it's been nine months since graduation and it seems that my job hunt method is becoming redundant. Cold emailing and applying has gotten me nowhere and while interning is strengthening my skills would it be most beneficial to stay at an internship hoping for a spot to open?

As I contemplate my next move to gain employment, I'm stuck. Mentors will tell you that it will get better and that your start is just around the corner. While that's words are nice to say, they are often not encouraging because they are just words. The reality of it all is scary, maybe I won't find that dream job. Can I spend the best years of my life working for free and not feeling like I've grown professionally?

I'm ready to begin my career, but learning patience is important. I've been looking for more internships (though Sallie Mae is knocking) while searching for my first position. Weighing wishful thinking and reality is my current struggle. Each day I get closer to my dreams and that's the thought that gets me through what seems to be endless rejection emails and no replies to my interview follow ups.

I am a PR girl and soon the world will know. I'm going to do great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment