Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Power of Networking

I didn't grow up a social butterfly that loved to be the center of attention or had the natural gift of gab. When I was a sophomore in college I realized what I wanted to do with my life and fashion just had to be a part of my career.

If you want to be a fashion PR it's very important to know and understand networking. First, ask yourself "What is networking?" You know that awkward feeling being the new kid at school in the cafeteria at lunchtime? Either you decided to remain a wall flower or you made the choice to spark up a conversation. That is exactly what networking is. Finding the courage to start a conversation whether its in person or through social media. No one will know who you are or your intent if you do not make it known.

My experience with networking has brought me to some amazing places. First, it gave me a voice. Which at one time I never had. Speaking to people about the service at the local Starbucks becomes easier when you realize you have much in common with the person on line behind you.

Networking got me my chance at a career I enjoy and love. It will do the same for you. Speak up!

No comments:

Post a Comment