Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fashion Interview Attire

So many of us industry newbies wonder what is acceptable when it comes to dressing for fashion interviews. It's easy to look at movies like the Devil Wears Prada and put something together to channel Miranda's style but what do interviewers really look for when it comes to perspective employees?

Research tells me that employers could really care less about what their employees wear as long as their clean and presentable. But how can this be possible when working in an industry that prides itself on what people look like? So as I prepare for an interview today I focused on highlighting my ability to do beyond what the job requires me to do. I kept my attire simple. Replicating the basic corporate suit with a twist of fashion. Make sure that you look as confident on the outside as you feel on the inside. Smile! This is without a doubt the best thing you can wear to any job interview.

Accessories are the pieces you can use to showcase your personal style. Wear a pair of shoes that make you feel tall and confident. Use a handbag that is professional yet screams out "I understand trends and know how to make them my own!" Give it your all. Let the employer know your the one for the job and that your willing to do the work...even before you've gotten the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment