Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What to Do When Your Contacts Can't Find You A Job!

I've come to a roadblock in my quest for Fashion PR employment. Though I have made many connections it seems that my network of professionals just cannot help me find work. At this point (8 months post grad) it may just be entirely up to me to break my way into the industry.

As per advice given by my career mentor,
I have made contact with a few more recruiter agencies here in NYC. Though it is difficult to think of actually putting your job search in someone else's hands it may just do the trick. Many reputable PR firms and fashion houses use agency recruiters to find the best candidates around.

So as I continue to look on my own I am being represented by an agent who knows my career path, where I have been and how I intend to get there. When you network of contacts seem unable to lend a helping hand consider a recruiting agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment